2 March 2013

No regrets at Bilka


Hi, 

It's Louise Gylsen here, Bilka skincare's CEO.  I woke up to the news that Groupon's CEO Andrew Mason, has resigned. And what a pleasure to read his letter: "If there’s one piece of wisdom that this simple pilgrim would like to impart upon you: have the courage to start with the customer. My biggest regrets are the moments that I let a lack of data override my intuition on what’s best for our customers. This leadership change gives you some breathing room to break bad habits and deliver sustainable customer happiness don’t waste the opportunity!" ???!!!

I am finding it difficult to believe that someone of his rank has overridden his intuition and has gone in the direction of data to decide his approach to customers. Well, I am so proud that I've never made this mistake, and I do listen to my intuition, and follow it by the letter. At Bilka, I have no regrets. Because I started this venture with the right motivation - I enjoy serving customers, I enjoy serving people, I enjoy delivering high quality, impeccable service to people. I used to be a psychological therapist, I served people, then I got redundant from my job. I took the Bilka Skincare SEO role with exactly the same motivation as when I was delivering therapy: to do something good for a fellow human being, to help them, to assist them in reaching their goals, meeting their needs, in obtain the goods they are looking for. I believe in economy where all people help each other with what they are good at. If each one of us, makes our living doing things we are good at and doing things which we enjoy, then that positive energy that is generated will find recipients, i.e. customers. These customers generate their own positive energy, doing the things they enjoy, so we become their customers benefiting from their skills and energy. This is sustainable economy, this is the only way for the world economy to survive and for humanity to reach abundance.

The reason why there is crisis in the world economy is because it is exploitative. The people who deliver the services and the products - are exploited, they don't do that with joy and passion, they do it because they need to bring bread to the table. They are not making their living doing the things they want to do, because there is no abundance, there is no bread for them while they are polishing, developing those skills. They have to get any job in order to survive. So most of the world's products and services are not produced with love, passion and positive energy, but with reluctance, unwillingness and bitterness. There are writers who drive buses, phd students who serve us in restaurants, thinking about their conclusion in the dissertation, while they are preparing the food for us. So how do we expect them to deliver good quality work?

Abundance will be a natural consequence, a product of all our positive interaction with each other. All those big leaders talking about sustainability - and then regretting why they did not do it???!!! I have no regrets. I do it. My customers come first. It is not rocket science to figure out that if someone opens their heart and express their need, they have to be given the highest quality service. I don't follow data, never have I been interested in data and I pity those who wait for data to tell them what to do in their business. Serve people, that is what we are here for. Put oneself in the customer's shoes and expect the best, then deliver the best. Leave the customer satisfied, pleased with their purchase and that should be the only route to increasing business. This is sustainable business - when it is based on the happiness and joy from giving, and the pleasure and gladness from receiving. 


Love,
Louise,
CEO Bilka Skincare
                                               ♥ (⁀‵⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.

..`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫ .ℒℴѵℯ, Bilka….ღ


http://bilkagarden.com/upgrape-beauty/upgrape-beauty-body-butter

No comments:

Post a Comment